We have an existing site for selling, similar to eBay, written in PHP and using a MySQL database. The site is up but not 'live' yet due to the things that need fixing. The idea of the site is that it is fully automated and interactive.
We have several bugs/features that are not working correectly and need to be fixed.
1. We have a PayPal/NoChex checkout system set up to take payments. Hoever at the moment, it is not correctly processing payment to each individual's account. This needs to be fixed so that it forward's to each individual member's payment screen. We have a field in our registration process to enter payment account details, this needs to be linked to this feature. (I can elaborate more on this to the project developer)
2. We need MD5 encoding for our passwords in our admin section. Currently this is not operational.
3. We have a 'feedback rating' system - exactly the same idea as on eBay - this isn't working correctly and needs re-writing/enhancement.
4. We have a poor internal search engine facility that only produces exact matches - this needs rewritng/enhancement to include 'wild card' options and a wider range of results.
5. We have a few cookie/session issues - in different browsers the 'logged-in' cookie isn't stored.
6. We need a check for duplicate emails when registering to stop the same user registering twice. Also need a verification email with a validator code when registering.
7. General security / cross-browser check to ensure that we comply with W3C validator standards and there are no display issues, etc...
We are looking for someone who will do these things and is open offer suggestions where needed if you think there are other things etc...and can possibly adapt to other minor tasks that may come up in the process. A programmer who is commited to seeing the tasks through. We are looking for a skilled PHP/MySQL programmer with experience who is confident that they can complete all the tasks mentioned above.
The idea is to get the site live at the end of this without and major bugs for users.
We will give you access to the site via FTP or supply the files and database.
You are free to rewrite any of the code as long as it works at the end of it!
The payment for the project and any attitional work that comes up from it will be given upon successful completion of the tasks.