I have a need to directly import pop3 email into mysql. The requirement is that it's written in php, with a connector file for the server details, as well as details for the email account. [two files].
If the developer chooses, we can have classes that are #included to the script to keep it clean. If so then there should be a directory set up for the storage of the included files, if any.
1) The script does not have to auto locate. I can trigger it manually by pointing my browser to it. At that time, it will log in to my pop account, and insert the email into mysql.
2) This needs to be mailbox specific. While I'll have my normal email client to check email [locally], this script is to be used to pull in a specific email address.
3) As far as user feedback that is displayed, all that is required is a simple check to ensure all the email threads were indeed read, and inserted into sql.
I won't need a interface to delete, add or even reply to any of the email after it's inserted, as I'll develop this after the job is completed and delivered.
4) There will have to be some model written for stripping bad characters, and formating the email so that it will be human readable. I suspect there will have to be a class for formating to make things look 'pretty'. 8bit is all that is required - no html email.
5) Job must be developed and set up in such a way I can test on your server. After we've tested and made sure there are no bugs, I will expect delivery, which can be emailed to me.
6) After the script is developed and delivered, I will retain all rights to the script as my property, to dispose of and do as I wish.
7) Script must be rock solid. No other dependencies on other sources [smarty, etc].
8) I will not pay for the development until I recieve the completed script and verify it will work on my server.