***US-Based Applicants Only***
We are looking to hire a symfony developer for on-going work. Please provide references and sample work. See below for full requirements.
You will be required to sign a NDA and Confidentiality Agreement in order to work on this project, which is why all applicants MUST be based in the United States. Any applicants from outside of the United States will be removed, so please save all of us time and do not apply unless you are a United States resident! Thank you.
= = = = =
We are looking for a sharp Senior Web Developer to take over as our lead developer and potentially manage/build a remote team of developers as needed. The position's main focus will be on project management, the backend of our website, working with the Server (LAMP), and the front end stack (LESS Bootstrap) as well.
On a daily basis, you will:
- Solve complex and simple problems involving medium/small data sets (approximately 100,000 rows) with scalable Code (our platform is built using a Symfony 2.6 App).
- Assist with the design, development, and maintenance of features and frontend modules (Bootstrap 3)
- Manage the scrum board and manage remote developers as an integral part of a small team
- Attend weekly meetings with Product Manager to review new features to be coded, set up the scrum board and tickets for features, and implement code updates
- Await management to review all tickets prior to them marking as complete
Minimum eligibility requirements:
- 5+ years experience
- Symfony >2.4
- Demonstrated ability to solve logic problems
- Proficiency in HTML and PHP >5.3 (prod environment is using php 5.5.9)
- Understanding of OOP concepts and MVC pattern
- Familiarity with MySQL
- Experience with Git (GitHub, Bitbucket)
- Familiarity with Agile Scrum methodology (Kanban) (we use Jira)
- Grunt/ Gulp
- Comfortable working with frameworks like Bootstrap, Foundation, - Boilerplate, etc. (Less/Sass)
The ideal candidate will also have experience with:
- Frontend (Twitter Bootstrap, Less, bootstrap js plugins, jQuery, requireJs)
- Scrum Project Management
- Managing remote developers via git branches, merging branches, and ability to quickly train temporary help
Bonus points awarded for:
- Test Driven Development for Continuous integration
- JS Framework : AngularJS or Knockout or BackBone
- Unit Testing(PhpUnit), Functionnal Testing (Behat with PhantomJS)