We are a new but fast-growing software company focused on delivering high quality marketing software tools for small and medium size businesses.
Now we’re looking to expand, accelerate our journey and grow our team, and that’s where YOU come in.
Skills that you MUST have:
- Solid development skills in PHP and jQuery. We're not just looking for people that can follow tutorials and piece things together. We want people that can actually code from scratch.
The first question I'm going to ask you in the interview is to write me a function that reverses a string without using a standard library function to reverse it.
If your solution to this is to Google "PHP string reverse" and tell me about strrev, this job isn't for you.
- Some basic sys admin skills. We don't expect you to know the ins and outs of every single technology involved but you mustn't freak out the moment you have to do something that isn't code.
- You need to have great communication skills. Don't worry, we're not talking about having perfect English but you will need to communicate with lots of different people in order to get the answers you need. If you can't explain yourself and understand what others tell you, please don't apply.
- Team work. This isn't the kind of company where you get given a job by someone from marketing and work it all by yourself. You'll be part of a team and need to take care of everything that goes along with that.
We use Yii so it’d be great if you can (or have) used that too.
In your job application, please rate yourself on the following skills, between 1 & 10 (with 1 being “beginner” and 10 being “the world’s greatest”):
Still with us?
Fantastic. Let’s tell you what we offer in return…
- A friendly, dynamic team of smart people for you to work with and learn from
- Interesting projects that will challenge your skills
- Freedom to get on with the job. You’ll be reporting directly to our technical officer.
- Reasonable deadlines based on what is possible.
Sound like something you’re looking for? Great.
Send us details of what you can (and can’t) do. Be honest, it’s important. Also tell us a little bit about what YOU are like as a person and we’ll be in touch.
FINAL NOTE. Please copy and paste the line of text below into the START of your job application, to show that you have read this fully:
"I'm not an idiot, I read the job description!"
Any applications which don’t do that will simply be deleted as communication and attention are important.