We have installed the dwins netoffice. This is an open source project (se [url removed, login to view]) . This is used for timesheet registration and project management. It can also be used to communicate with the customer.
We are using netoffice 1.3. Downloaded from weekly build dated 1.6.2006.
1) I like a new module for registration of expenses linked to a project. This module shall be available from the main menu. the registration page shall follow the same style as rest of the pages in the netoffice. The user must have the possibliity to add, delete, edit and view expenses items. icons follows the same style as rest of the netoffice installation.
An expense shall have the following fields:
* Date registrated (default today date)
* Project select - from the netoffice project list.
* Due date if we have received an invoice for eg. equipment we have obtained
* A short description of the item
* A long description /note of the item
* Due date for the customer
* Billable or non-billable ( a simple check box)
* unique item number for each expense (five digit - starting at 01050.....)
When entering the "expense" page the user shall se a list of expenses for that month. The user can select previous month, next month or any month and year. A "today" click-point shall also be present and when selecting this - the current date is used to set month.
The expense page lists all expenses for the selected month. The list shall contain the project, the short description, billable or non-billable, the amount, due date. There shall be a selection box to the left of each item. The user can select all (select all box on the top..) or one or more from the list. The user can select "delete" and shall see a short list of the item he is going to delete and at the bottom of this list two boxes with the question "are you sure that you want to delete these items". Selecting the "yes" button deletes the selected entries from the database. Selecting the "no" button send the user back to the "Expenses" page with the same month as he previously selected and all the previuos checked boxes are now unselected.
The edit icon can only edit one expense itemt at time. If the user enters more than one item the selection shall be blanked and the user shall remain in the "expense" page. The edit icon brings up the selected expence from the database and give the user a chance to edit every field in the entry. When finished with the editing the user returns to the "Expense" page with blank selections.
The view icon produces a complete listing of all fields for the expense table.
2) In the report generator selecting "Resource Usage " the user will ba asked to select "display option". Here I like to add the selection box with text "Project Expenses". When the user go on and generate the report - the expenses for the project for the selected time periode shall also be generated.
I have allready modified the language file for the english language. The developer might want to use this. Do not remove any lines as the various table are fitted to our organisation.
First time the user go into the expence page - the program must check if the database table is present. If not the program shall notify the user that it is going to install the table and that the user might stop this operation. do not proceed with this automatic installation unless the user anwers yes. The user must be the administrator only. the table name shall be " netoffice_dw_members". If more tables are needed please use the prefix " netoffice_dw_".
I have also added a word document with this text and some screen dump from my existing netoffice installation.