This project development is a further advancement of an already existing WebSite and the project is based on Website Photo Gallery system.
The one we're using right now lacks speed and need to have more functionality. We need something faster and especially easier to use (both from the admin side view as well as on the other end users).
The approach we took for our current system is structured in hierarchically nested albums. The whole gallery can be viewed as one big tree, where leaves are the albums containing pictures. The tree is divided into the various cities we're interested in, each of those divided into venues categories, and venues names. Each venue has its albums/folders, containing the pictures.
Create like as [url removed, login to view]; every user can have these facilities:
- upload pictures (jpg / gif / png)
- create photo sets (assigning pictures to these sets)
- for every picture a title/description can be given/provided,
- assign tags to pictures
- can decide if the SET is public / private / visible to friends
- assign tags to SETs. These Tags(links) for the set are automatically assigned to all its respective pictures (in addition to the tags of the single pictures)