I'm in need of a script that will be used to dynamically display individual characters for a given font.
The brief for this project is essentially to replicate the functionality used here: [url removed, login to view]
Just to clarify, below are some of the key features:
* ttf font files will be stored on the server (linux).
* Attributes of the font are stored in a MySQl db. DbConn = MyFontConn, Db Name = MyFontDb, Table Name = MyFontTable Fields (e.g.): DisplayText = Geo Sans Light, FileName = GeoSansLight, etc
* the name of the font file should be passed in as variable ([url removed, login to view])
* the name of the page should reflect the name of the font - eg. [url removed, login to view]
* firstly --- by default, display the name of the font using the actual font that was passed in. User should be able to modify this with their own CustomText or CustomSize.
* secondly --- Display all upper case letters/characters applicable for that font. Each character should have a box around it (such as per the [url removed, login to view] example) and display the font letter and ascii equivalent directly above in a lighter shade/colour font.
* same as above, on a new line, all lower case letters/characters.
* same as above, on a new line, all numerals.
* same as above, on a new line, all special characters.
* Important - for each font, only display letters, numerals, special characters that are included in that font/character map.
Please note - the code should be clean, well commented and formatted. I do have some coding experience, so I'd like it such that the code is clean so that I can maintain it myself in the future.
You may want to post a working example to verify your solution is as per what is required - if so, that would be great.
Any questions or further clarification required, please ask up front.