Need a script, which checks prices on two websites which sell video games. The script will need to make use of a database backend and allow for historic pricing to be retrieved.
We have to select the two video game retailers. We can choose simple website but it should also have functionality to search for products.
The script will need to perform a search on the sites selected for a product.
• The script will need to store the date, time, site, product name & price in a database.
• When storing details of an item the script will assign an item number, all future prices for this
item will be stored with the same item number.
• The script will repeat this search whenever it is run with the update parameter
• On first execution the update parameter should create the database and perform the initial
• On subsequent execution the prices should be updated and a new entry inserted in the
• The script will accept a search parameter, which searches the local by product name and displays
• The script will accept the history parameter with a second parameter of an item number, it will
then display historic prices for that item.
We may hard code the details of the sites, regular expressions and the search term we wish to use.