I run a poker league and I have been looking for an app to keep track of games, scores, money, and so on. Haven't found a match for my needs. I am looking to develop a nice looking, user friendly couple of apps: 1. Backend (for league admins) and 2. Front End (for players to see and sort data only). The backend app should be able to communicate and record data in a database that runs the calculations. The frontend app just logs players into their accounts and shows their stats.
The first app is the one for league admins. This app needs to do the following:
1. Register new players into the league, create their profile with all relevant information (name, address, phone, email, etc)
2. Have a control interface to record the data of each poker game of the season. For that, we need to let the system know which players attended that game, how much money they spent (buy ins, rebuys, etc), how much money they made, the position they finished on, who knocked them out, and based on all that information, calculate how many points they obtained on that game (this is done with a formula I will provide).
3. Have an incorporated poker timer to start each game, let the admins know which blind level is being played, how much time is left on that blind level, what is the next level, how many players are left, what is the average stack, how much money is in the pot, the payout schedule based on the amount of money collected, etc.
4. Keep track of all games in the season, and all seasons in a year, and lifetime data. Must have the ability to filter and sort all this data into any given configuration, like sorting by points, by money earned, by wins, by knock outs, etc.
5. Have automated actions like emailing or texting league members relevant information posted by the admins, like date, time and place of the next game, rsvp for each game, ranking updates, league news and results, etc.
The second app is the user or player app. This app must do the following:
1. Allow players to register for the league, create their username and password, manage their profile information (name, nickname, address, phone, email, profile picture, etc)
2. Allow players to see league results and sort data by league points, position, money, etc.
3. Show all time statistics of their performance in the league, ability to compare between seasons, or between two or more players, etc.
4. See game invitations and RSVP.
5. Ability to post messages (like a chat or forum) to get players talking to each other, comment on games, hands played, strategy, etc.
Both apps would be initially private, and downloadable by invitation only (I know this can be done with android, but not sure about iOS). Then, if things work out, we would work on a more advanced app, customizable by the user with their own preferences like blind schedules, league types, number of buy ins or rebuys allowed, pot distribution, payout schedule, etc.