We need a custom module for SugarCRM 5.0 Beta. It is a "SubCases" module which is very similar to the current Case module. Also the Case module should be customized to display the "sum" status of sub cases.
* The module name will be "SubCases".
* The SubCase module has the same properties as those of the Case module and additionally a parent case id field. The DetailView should show its parent case name along with a hyper link to the detailview of the parent case.
* In the EditView of the SubCases module, a user should be able to select a parent case by a pop-up window. Upon selecting a case, its name and id (hidden) should be automatically set.
* In the DetailView of the Case module, a sub-case subpanel should be appear in the subpanel area with buttons of Select and Create. By selecting the Create button, a user should be able to create a subtask in the quick form (ajax) manner (like a task). By selecting the Select button, a user can select a case in a popup window.
* A new custom field "Status of Sub Case" is created in the Case module, which is used in the DetailView only. When the DetailView is opened, it looks up the status field of all of its sub-cases, and if one or more sub-cases are not closed, it dispays "Not Closed". If all sub-cases are closed, it displays like "Closed".
Since this project is SugarCRM 5.0 beta, the custom module and customization should be necessarily perfect.