We have recently made some changes to the SugarCRM projects module in order for us to be able to track time spent on projects which is logged as a project task.
To make it easy for our designers to log their time we would like a sugarcrm dashlet created which would appear on the home page. The dashlet should do the following:
1. Allow the currently logged in user to select and account
2. The selected account filters a list of projects related to that account
3. The currently logged in user selects a 'status' (from a pre-existing drop down)
4. The currently logged in user enters a short description of what they have done
5. The currently logged in user enters the hours and selects the minutes (from a drop down in 0/15/30/45 minute options).
6. The currently logged in user selects a Save button.
This has the result of:
1. Creating a new task of type (a custom drop down) 'Project Time', created by the currently logged in user, containing the above information.
2. Displaying the last five entries created by the logged in user in this way.
This will make entering time spent on tasks extremely quick and easy for our team and will encourage them to keep sugar open on their desktop!