This project is about a simple boat rental and sales website built in the Laravel framework. This is just another Laravel website as an ideal platform for boat owners to list their boats for rental or sales and made them available for users to rent or buy them. The basic concept of the website is to replicate ideas from Airbnb but for the boating industry. The website is already built with its first version. We are looking to develop it further for the next version with sales and added features for boat listing.
Specifics to be in a prospective developer:
- 3 years or more experience with Laravel, along with other common libraries such as PHPUnit and Eloquent
- Good understanding of the syntax of PHP and its nuances
- Solid understanding of object-oriented programming
- Good understanding of server-side templating languages such as Blade
- Good understanding of server-side CSS preprocessors like SASS
- Familiarity with concepts of MVC, Mocking, ORM, and RESTful
- A knack for writing clean, readable PHP code
- Ability to integrate multiple data sources and databases into one system
- Understanding of fundamental design principles behind a scalable application
- Able to create database schemas that represent and support business processes
- Able to implement automated testing platforms and unit tests
- Familiarity with Team Foundation Service or Git source code management.
- Excellent verbal and written communication in the English language.
- Masters or Bachelors degree in Computer Engineering or relevant fields.
- Highly responsive and have no other work commitments.
We are looking for a long-term committed developer. We have subsequent phases to develop for which we will always need a developer on a retainer monthly basis. That could be for periodic maintenance or a feature twist or developing a mobile app for the system. Please only bid if you can start next week.