I need build a customised appointment booking system for a wordpress website. It will be for deaf people to make appointments with sign language interpreters.
This will probably need to be a combination of wordpress plugins*.
There are a number of requirements:
1. The start time of the appointment must be able to be defined completely by the customer eg. they choose the time from 2 dropdown lists: hour (00, 01, 02 … 22, 23) and minute (00, 10, 20, 30, 40, 50). Not select from a list of pre-defined time slots. (see images)
2. The duration (1 hour, 2 hours, 3 hours) is selected.
3. When the appointment is selected the bookable time (for other potential customers) is blocked for an hour before appointment start time and an hour after appointment end time. eg. appointment at 11:00 for 1 hour. Appointment times blocked from 10:00 until 13:00. This is to allow the interpreter time to get to the appointment, and get to the next appointment if one is booked. Additional info - There is only 1 interpreter on duty at any one time.
4. The customers pay in advance for a set number of hours (In person. Not through the website). They have these ‘hours’ stored in their account. When an appointment is booked, the relevent number of hours is automatically deducted from the account. (Can be increased/decreased manually by secretary if appointment duration changes).
5. There needs to be records for all appointments booked and the ability for the company secretary to manage, change, cancel appointments or book manually from the back end.
6. An automatic email notification system is needed to send emails to the customer, the secretary and to interpreters, when an appointment is booked.
7. All appointments need to be synched with a Google calendar that is to be displayed on the site and automatically updates in real time, or as close to as possible (1, 2 min delay).
8. Customers must be logged in to book an appointment. If not logged in when booking, customer is sent to login form.
9. Customers have an account section which displays all appointments, history and upcoming. Hours balance. Personal details eg. email address, phone, name etc..
*Work has been started with the following plugins: WooCommerce, WooCommerce Appointments plugin, myCRED, WooCommerce Checkout Manager, Simple Calendar. Avada WP theme.
Some of the above requirements can be achieved with those plugins.
If you know something better then we can go with that. If you want to asses the test site to see more detail I can give you a temporary login.