I have paid a lot of money for my company website and yet it is still not online.
There are numerous design flaws currently as well as certain functionality issues.
This website has thus far taken 8 months to get it to where it is! I've been told that the back-end development has been cleanly coded and does not require much amendment. So the work needed is on the design itself and front-end development.
Here is a list of the minimum things that I feel need to be changed on the site:
1. Immediate and quite serious issue is the font and font size. Your site should use 16px font size as the minimum and work upwards from there for headings etc. Your site also uses a very characterised font which I would suggest does not read well.
2. All upper case headings - this is really bad from a readability stand point at the size presented. At larger sizes, all uppercase is fine, but not in this case. Your titles are too small.
3. Leading seems to also be an issue. The letters seam too scrunched together.
4 The animations on the buttons are not necessary, and to have the icons disappear for such a period of time is at the cost of being able to understand the relationship of the icon to the text.
5. A slider is not necessary if your header speaks volumes. The problem you have with your header here is that it doest speak to the service your providing - stationary isn't your service, education is. And your end users, the recipients of the service should be the subject of your image. Customers will want to see the environment they will be in, the stationary is irrelevant.
6. Your logo is too small. I can not read the writing under 'Learning' on my computer or the writing within the circle.
7. Top menu, make these lower cased. First letter upper.
8. Please pay very careful attention to correct case through our the site and correct things like 'Tomorrow's Skills for Todays Learners' ---> Tomorrow's skills for todays learners. Things like this go a long way to establish how serious you are to providing accurate learning. Your logo will need adjusting.
9. There are a strange number of mismatched design cues through out. Circles (icons, people), squares (home page photos grey box), skewed rectangles (top menus). There needs to be a common thread.
10. About us - REMOVE all spin animation form the icons.
11. About us - content within the areas could be bought onto one page, removing the need for separate sections here.
12. About us - imagery isn't representative of the areas your going into.
13. Teachers - Ovals! yet another shape is introduced.
14. Teachers - capitalisation needs correcting.
15. Teachers - profile image disappears after you enter the profile page.
16 Teachers - Teacher profile pages have no links to the other teachers.
17 - Logo doesn't need to be present over and over. Remove logo from within the site pages and only have at the top + bottom.
For #8, I can provide the logo files if he can make the adjustments. But if he can't then I can get someone else to do this.
I want someone to redesign each and every page on the website.
We have used DigitalOcean for the hosting.
I need this project to be completed within 2-3 weeks
If you can help please get in touch urgently.