The main project functions are:
§ Provide ability for the user to create events and invite users from their local phonebook
§ Provide ability for the user to create todos and assign users from their local phonebook
§ Provide an open and flexible web services API for devices to synchronize with HTTP server using HTTP encoded calls and receive HTTP responses.
§ Provide updated Palm applications on all major OS platforms ??" 3.1, 3.5 and 4.0.
§ Support several requests and responses to servers
§ Creation of a conduit simulator that will print to system out the commands from the conduit that would be sent to a server
§ Strict adherence to the Request and Response definition for login, logout, create event, create task, read event, read task, update event, update task, delete event and delete task
§ Must be in codewarrior
§ Conduit must operate in Mac and Windows desktops
§ Installer must install into Mac and Windows desktops
§ Must be maintainable on all platforms of Palm ??" 3.1, 3.5 and 4.0
Existing code base does the following
§ Modified task list to sort by personal or assigned tasks
§ Modified datebook application for the creation of events with invitations
§ Additional database to track addition information not in the standard todo and datebook applications
§ Java conduit
§ Ghost installer for windows only
§ Server handles HTTP requests and generates HTTP responses
1) Complete and fully-functional working program(s) in executable form as well as complete source code of all work done.
2) Installation package that will install the software (in ready-to-run condition) on the platform(s) specified in this bid request.
3) Complete ownership and distribution copyrights to all work purchased.
4) Documentation about the Palm DB
5) Architecture and design documentation about conduit and Palm applications
6) Clearly commented changes to the base datebook and todo applications
7) No features must be removed from Palm applications
Palm OS 3.1, 3.5 and 4.0
Windows 98, NT, XP, Me
Mac OS8, OS9