I have a small app working with access 97 and MySQL. I connect to this databases using DSN.
Since they run in 3 different physical locations, I need an app that can synchronize all this databases with ease, either using internet or a diskette.
Basic idea (open to suggestions)
Creating synchro file:
- Tables will have a field called 'synchro'.
- Every change in any record will flag this field as '0'
- Adding new records will flag this field as '0'
- Not all tables will be in need of synchronizing, so not all table will have this field
- The app must do a select in every table inside the database for records where 'synchro' = 0
- Values in fields will be saved in a text file
- Need some encryption in this file. It is sensitive data. Found some samples of encryption in PSC that may help.
- Update tables setting 'synchro' = 1
- ZIP file
- Option to upload this file to a site in a FTP directory. If upload is not chosen, leave file in disk.
- Option to connect to server and download file or insert diskette
- UNZIP file
- Update other database with this data
Must check if there is an active connection to internet in case of downloading the file.
Some conversion may be needed, since Access has values like '0,25' that in MySQL are '0.25'. There are some memo fields with RTF text and one field with HTML text.
Database structure (with sample data) will be given to winner bidder.
1) Complete and fully-functional working program(s) in executable form as well as complete source code of all work done.
2) Installation package that will install the software (in ready-to-run condition) on the platform(s) specified in this bid request.
3) Exclusive and complete copyrights to all work purchased. (No GPL, 3rd party components, etc. unless all copyright ramifications are explained AND AGREED TO by the buyer on the site).