Rockwell Nutrition is an efficiently run online drop-ship retailer of high quality vitamins and supplements and is looking for a strong operations expert to run the daily operations. We've been in business for 10 years. The entire team is 100% virtual and includes an order processor, a customer service representative, a licensed nutritionist, a nutritional support assistant and two data entry/product management VA's.
We have a detailed SOP that documents how the entire business is run and you will be trained in detail by the out-going operations manager. The company runs like clockwork, is highly automated and very efficient. The immediate goal is for a seamless transition, but ultimately, we want you using your own critical thinking skills to determine how to run the company more efficiently and how to improve both revenue and minimize costs.
This is an independent contractor, part-time position for 30 or so hours a week, flexing up and down as needed. Compensation is negotiable (but does not include benefits) so please include your hourly rate or we can discuss a monthly retainer, which may be more ideal for this role. We are open to either U.S.-based or overseas candidate, but any overseas candidate must be within 3 hours of Eastern time zone with reliable phone and internet.
* Be ultimately accountable for every aspect of the company, ensuring that all team members are executing effectively -- includes marketing, technology, design, operations, customer service and order processing.
* Supervise the day to day core team members, assisting them with technical issues or handling escalated issues that are beyond their capabilities.
* Take the lead on any special strategic projects, acting as the central coordinating person to ensure all facets of the project are executed effectively.
* Be the key liaison to all of vendors, including supplement manufacturers, design, development, editorial and support software.
* Assist in implementing key marketing campaigns, whether on website, through email service provider, online ads or other marketing channels.
* Manage key routine processes such as website updates, product additions, price updates, etc.
* Ensure proper order processing, including QA checks that new orders are processed and communicating properly with back orders.
* Execute on key executive reports including financial, order volume, website traffic and email.
* Continually optimize operations, looking for places to do things more efficiently and effectively.
* Maintain operational documentation/SOPs to ensure all key processes are thoroughly documented.
* Develop thorough knowledge of all company operations to step into help when/if necessary.
* Communication with company owner and other special projects personnel, ready to take the lead when needed.
Key Skills Required:
* Extremely quick learner with ability to execute independently without much guidance
* Strong problem solving abilities
* Adept at managing others in a virtual environment
* Self-starter who takes initiative on their own
* Excellent written and oral communication skills
* Superior customer service management skills
* Technical knowledge of websites/particularly e-commerce
* Good technical skills with Microsoft Office, basic HTML and online software generally
This is a great company to work with, is stable, with plenty of room for growth, so we are excited to hear what you have to offer.
In your response, please relate how your experience matches with this, what your compensation requirements are and any questions you have.
Lastly, we can change the bid type, but for now, have set it to fixed price, so bid on 30 hours per week as a starting point and we can messege back and forth from there.