I have a weblogwith 5 years of blogs (about 120 posts about 50 of which have embedded photos) as well as 5 years of photo galleries (maybe 35 galleries in all, average 15 pictures per gallery).
I want to migrate this blog to a new platform where I can more easily update from my iphone and such. I am also looking for a blogging platform one that has more web2.0 functionalities than my old movable type platform (links to social networks, commenting, etc..).
As mentioned, the blog is an old version of movable type (from 2006). And I am thinking of migrating to movable tye but would ask the subcontractor to suggest the best option to meet the criteria for a blogin platform outlined below.
The blog will be hosted on a friend's web-server.
Basic break-down of work:
- Propose new blogging platform (I am thinking Wordpress but I am open to suggestions)
- All past posts (about 120) migrated to Wordpress and listed on the proper date posted and with embedded images (about 50 posts have embedded images)
- All photos migrated and organised into galleries as currently organised (about 25 galleries)
Criteria for new platform:
- Ability to update via iphone
- Ability to publish to multiple platforms from blog (Twitter, Facebook)
- Web gallery functionality that is easy to update and lives inside the blogging platform (i.e. site has both a text blog and photo galleries)
- Ability to geo-reference blog posts (most of the entries are old travel blog entries and I would like to link them to their location on a map, the subcontractor does not need to do this, just find a platform capable of doing it. I will add location information myself)