The hybrid app basically connects to a web server, downloads a list of available files & stores them locally on the device.
1. Hybrid app - It should install like a native app but I prefer that you use a webview code the UI/UX using JQuery/HTML5/CSS etc
2. Upon Launch show a splash screen (full screen image) as the app is loading. Transition to Login Screen
3. Capture username, password, and a server URL (See Step 4) from user using a local form. Show appropriate virtual keyboard and field validation for URL/Email.
4. Connect to URL. Show spinner/loading indicator
1. Using Basic Auth for HTTP using user & password in step 3
5. The URL points to a folder on the server. Retrieve a list of files using standard directory listing output of Apache web server (this is the output you get when directory listing is enabled and you browse to a directory)
6. On client, Display the list of files, with icons based on file type ( based on extension - PDF icon for .pdf, word icon for .docx , Excel, Power Point) and the last modified date of the file on the server.
1. Note that this page should be not be rendered on the server using a script, everything needed to show this view should be done locally in JS.
7. For each file, user should be able to
1. View File - assume a reader is available on device. Show how to invoke the registered handler for that file type. If the file is already on the device, local copy should be shown
2. Download File
1. The downloaded file should be stored on the device. If there is not enough space on the device, user should be warned and transfer should stop.
2. If file is already available on the device, the list on item 6 above should show a "green check" indicating a local copy is available
3. If the last modified date of file on the server is later than the file on the device, then a red asterisk should appear next to that file name in addition to the green checkmark mentioned in 2. above
3. If the File name is a Directory/Folder, clicking should start again at Step 5. (Local store should have nested folders)
Deliverables include full source code. For iphone/ipad version, I will give you a UDID and I should be able to download this on my ipod 4G/iPad without going through App Store.
You dont need to connect to my web server for testing. Please set up your own web server and have a few folders and subfolder and throw some sample files of different types in there.
You can use any icon set that you like for the application where you need images and icons.
Please let me know of any questions.
If you can do an Android version of this application as well, then please include that in your quote.