We are designing an iPhone app and need to know if the following is possible on an iPhone, using IOS 4.
Your job is to answer these questions. Each question must be answered with a reference to appropriate documentation or with a small proof-of-concept app.
1. We want to keep recording camera footage, when our application is in the background. So, for example, the camera is running and I switch to the iPod. The camera should continue to record. Is this possible?
2. We want to place an icon on the home screen, that changes color when the camera is running. Can an icon that changes color be placed on the homescreen (or a widget)?
3. Upload a recorded movie to Youtube, automatically filling in Name, Description, Label, Category, State (Should be set to public) - with pre-set values.
4. Share the uploaded movie on facebook and twitter. (with pre-set facebook and twitter accounts)
If you think you can answer these questions, either proving / describing how it can be done, or disproving that it can be done, please bid.
The eventual program must become available in the appstore, so Apple guidelines should be followed.
So, the scope of this project is answering these questions and proving your answer with (Apple-) documentation or a small proof-of-concept app.
If you are interested and complete this job well, there is a good chance we will grant you the development project as well.
* * *This broadcast message was sent to all bidders on Monday Dec 13, 2010 4:03:21 AM:
Thank you for the time you've taken to respond. I have decided not to award the project. Only one of the bidders had some prior work on vWorker, but with recent and negative arbitrations. The others had no experience on vWorker at all. None of you appeared to have much experience with iPhone development.