1) Create a basic robot to monitor multiple RSS feeds from a number of blogs in real time or near real time.
Note: the robot must authenticate to the service via a form! It is YC hacker news service. No elaborate oath required. Just username password submission.
2) The robot must run in the cloud. I don't care what platform so long as it is easy to set up and maintain.
3) No admin interface is necessary. I am happy to modify the code to include additional RSS URLs or use MyPHPAdmin or similar tool to modify things.?
4) I will assist to set up hosting if necessary.
5) If the robot fails or goes down. I should receive a notification via email. (You can use sendgrid or just via google smtp server.)
If this project is successful I may wish to expand on some points for the robot to perform additional actions.
Possible code sources:
[url removed, login to view]
There are also multiple wordpress plugins you could reuse php code from for this purpose.
1) All deliverables will be considered "work made for hire" under U.S. Copyright law. Employer will receive exclusive and complete copyrights to all work purchased. (No 3rd party components unless all copyright ramifications are explained AND AGREED TO by the employer on the site per the worker's Worker Legal Agreement).