Main function is to take picture in specified times during the day, and send pictures via MMS in also specified time. All action is need to be done without using display, to save battery.
It have to be programmed in QT, and will be used on Symbian OS, smaller version as possible to support all requests (to reduce equipment cost).
How it works
After starting application, there is welcome window with two options: Start Trigger and Settings.
If user click on Start Trigger button, application need to read defined settings and to wait time to take actions (taking photos and sending MMS messages). Final forking diagram will be presented at the end of document.
If user click on Settings button, application show window with six buttons. Every button open different window to set some settings. Buttons are: Display, Camera Settings, Timers, Storage, Picture Modifications, Send Options.
User could enable or disable tree options:
Turn on display before camera shoot. This option is trigger for motion sensor, and it have to be able to turn on display x seconds before starting to take photo, and to be turned on y seconds before turn off display. X and Y are seconds user input in text box of this window.
Enable Power Save Mode. If this option is enabled, all process of taking photos and sending message is not displayed on display. If this is possible, if not turn off back light, to save battery.
Turn off GSM network will disable GSM network, and enable it just before sending MMS, then again disable it.
On this window, user could select camera settings who will be used during taking photos. The options are: Flash on, Contrast, Brightens, Macro, Focus, Zoom and Resolution.
This is time management window, when photos will be take during the day. Insert two text boxes to insert hours and minutes to active camera trigger. Button Add will put selected time to time list, and near every specified time to have button to delete it. Do not allow two or more triggers in same time, and it have to be at least one time.
Window storage is used to select folder for new photos, and to define first part of filename. Name have to be combination of some user text (sunset, landscape etc.) and date/time combinations. For example: [url removed, login to view], user text (sunset), year (2011), month (01), day (15), hour (16), minute (48). This is important, because when sending photos it will be sorted by name descending and send some last pictures via MMS message, triggered by time user define.
Button Picture Modification
This procedure will be used before sending MMS message, to reduce picture size to 10-15 kilobytes. User could set w and h value for resize picture in pixels, select quality level, contrast, brightens and to crop picture using x1,y1 as start and x2,y2 coordinates as end point. Original picture need to be unchanged. After making this customization ti will be saved in some tmp folder, and after sending deleted from there.
Button Send Options
Here it is possible to enable or disable sending pictures via MMS. Like adding timers for taking photo, here is adding timers for sending MMS messages and number of last photos which will be attached in message.
All process need to be load like this:
1. Open application, click on Settings.
2. If user enable to turn on display before camera shoot this will turn on display x seconds before taking photo, and turn off display after y seconds. X and y are numbers of seconds which user define. If Enable Power Save Mod is enable and previous option is disabled, all the time application is working display need to be turned off. But, if first option is disabled, and second is disable, all process will be shown on screen (good for development). If process of taking photos and sending MMS is not possible if display is turned off, turn off backlight, to save battery. If Turn off GSM network is enabled, then GSM network will be turned on just before sending MMS message, the again disabled (to save battery).
3. If user enable flash, it will be used during taking photo.
4. Set camera options.
5. Add camera trigger timer using text boxes to input hours and minutes when photo will make. Near each timer put button to be able delete timers. If possible don't limit number of triggers.
6. Set folder where pictures will be save, and insert first part of filename. Second part will be automatic added using Date and Time values.
7. Set size, quality, contrast, brightens and crop values for modify pictures before sending, to reduce attachment size.
8. Enable send images using MMS, and set when that will be done, and how much last pictures will be send in every message. Also enable deleting. Input phone number for sending MMS.
9. Click Start Trigger.
10. Trigger shut down display and disable GSM network. Then wait time input in timer lists (photo trigger and sending MMS trigger)
11. When system time is like time input in Active Trigger Timers list, check is it Turn on display before camera shoot enabled. If it is, turn on display, wait duration seconds, than wait x seconds before taking photo. Then check is Enable Power Save Mode is enable. If yes, don't turn on display during apply settings and taking photo.
12. Use Camera settings, turn on/off flash, correct contrast and brightens. Enable Macro option, set focus to automatic or manual value, zoom and select picture resolution.
13. After this MAKE PHOTO and save it in selected folder with selected filename.
14. Go to Stand by and wait Trigger time, and for every picture repeat procedure.
15. If it is time for MMS sending action, enable GSM network. Select last x numbers of pictures (could be determinate by file name using sorting descending) and apply picture modification on them. Resize them, change quality, adjust contrast, brightens and crop copy of photo. Don't change original photo. Add battery status in Subject or in text of message. If GSM network is ready send MMS message to inserted phone number. Turn off GSM network again.
16. Wait another trigger!
* * *This broadcast message was sent to all bidders on Tuesday Jan 25, 2011 3:31:07 PM:
Hi! I just want to tell you that I change bidding close date. Bidding Closes At: Feb 1, 2011 5:12:36 AM