***** NOTE ***
Changes to the bid request _in blue, bold, underlined text_
* * *
**** IMPORTANT WARNING - READ CAREFULLY ***
We dislike at the maximum extend persons who ask questions already answered in the bid request. Read everything BEFORE asking for details and clarification. You have been warned.
* * *
Your task is to design an induction battery charger. You must design both power transmitter and power receiver.
As a good reference, you can have a look at: <[url removed, login to view]>
**_(A) Power transmitter receives supply from a low voltage source in the range 10-30 Volt (AC or DC).
(B) Overall efficiency (power transfer from the power network to the battery): 60% or more
(C) Efficiency of the charger (after switching stage): 70% or more
**_(D) Capability to charge a 700 mAh, [url removed, login to view], Li-Ion battery
**_(E) Transmitter able to recognise the presence of the correct receiver (over-the-air data exchange as per Wireless Consortium specs). Transmitter must engage the power unit only if correct receiver is near._**
**_This project will require a strict interaction with us. We expect that after some time you deliver a first draft project that we can build and test at our facilities.
We will send you a sample device so you can test locally.
During the second stage, you will correct non-conformities and deliver the amended project._**
0) a detailed report of the design also explaining your technical choices.
1) complete schematics of both power transmitter, including switching stage, and power receiver.
2) bill of material of both devices. Only use components available at Digikey or Farnell. If you absolutely need to use a special component you need to obtain our authorisation before. Also use SMD components as much as possible
3) PCB of both devices (Gerber and N/C drill format)
4) any firmware and/or software needed to make the devices work, in a complete and fully-functional form. If you need to write firmware,
5) All deliverables will be considered "work made for hire" under Copyright law of the EUROPEAN UNION. Buyer will receive exclusive and complete copyrights to all work purchased. (No GPL, GNU, 3rd party components, etc. unless all copyright ramifications are explained AND AGREED TO by the buyer on the site per the coder's Seller Legal Agreement).
6) In addition to 5), you are explicitly forbidden from using any copyrighted or patented concept and/or method and/or device for the induction charger stage.
* * *This broadcast message was sent to all bidders on Sunday Nov 29, 2009 1:21:52 PM:
WARNING: specifications are changed. All interested bidders please read the project description. New parts are in blue, bold, underlined.
_**Tools and devices to be used:
**Schematics and PCB
_We use the DipTrace suite of programs ([[url removed, login to view]]). Designers who also use DipTrace will receive a better score during evaluation. Otherwise, we can accept schematics in P-CAD ASCII or P-CAD PDIF formats, and PCBs in standard Gerber + N/C drill format.
You are strongly encouraged to test the capability of your software to export these formats (and our capability to correctly import them) BEFORE bidding.
_Microcontrollers and firmware
_You are bound to use microcontrollers of the Atmel AVR8 series, and to write your code using GCC (AVR studio is the best choice).
_Should you need to write software, you are bound to use MSVC++ or MSVC# or MSVB. No other languages and/or dialects are accepted.