I am hiring a research assistant for our projects on multinational firms’ responses to market uncertainty and the effects of external disruptions on innovation and entrepreneurship.
This position is particularly suited for a PhD student interested in gaining first-hand experience in the application of computer tools in econometrics or someone interested in pursuing a doctoral program in Economics, Finance, Business, Computer Science, or a similar field.
This position is under the supervision of Professor Catherine Magelssen, London Business School.
Minimum Candidate Requirements:
• Proficiency in AI, particularly natural language processing and machine learning.
• Proficiency in coding using Python.
• Knowledge in managing and analyzing data with R or Stata. This entails good programming skills and experience with panel models.
• Strong quantitative skills with coursework in econometrics and/or statistics.
• Fluency and excellent communication skills in English.
• Strong writing skills.
Preferred Candidate Requirements:
• Experience working with Python.
• Familiarity with machine learning methods and natural language processing.
• Knowledge of geospatial processing programs, such as ArcGIS or Tableau.
• Coursework aligned with the application of computer tools to academic research.
Description of Tasks:
1. Writing and running statistical models and interpreting results.
2. Cleaning and coding databases.
3. Using natural language processing for obtaining data.
4. Running machine learning algorithms.
5. Automating tasks via Python.
6. Producing visual and written reports on findings.
The successful applicant can commit to work during Fall 2020 and may continue in Spring 2020.
33 freelancers are bidding on average £16/hour for this job
Hello! I'd like to help with a financial product. I'll provide system's design document with ready-to-use open source components and time estimates for a development. Thanks.
Hi, there. I am an applied data scientist with 5+ years of hands-on experience. Carefully checked your requirements. Hope to work for you with this project. Best regards, Sgadou
Hi, I am expert in data analysis. I read the description of project carefully. If you award me, you will get perfect result. Waiting for your response. Thanks. From Vladislav.
Hi, i have master degree in Mathematics. I have experience as Data Analyst and Mathematics Lecturer. I also develop my knowledge about python and machine learning. So, can we talk about this project?