We are looking for a number of data scientists for ongoing data analysis/modelling projects. Applicants should be skilled in cleaning and 'munging' large and complex datasets. Practical experience in drawing statistically sound conclusions using both classical statistics and machine learning. Furthermore, applicants should be able to demonstrate any insights through clear and compelling data visualisation.
While formal work experience in data science is not required, please describe the extent of your practical data science experience as well as how this was attained (e.g. through personal learning or academic research). Resume is preferred but not required. Pay level is determined on an individual basis commensurate to the skill and experience level of a successful candidate.
* Experience in applied statistics.
* Data analysis experience using Python (Pandas, Numpy, matplotlib etc.) or R (plotting and statistical modelling).
* Experience in drawing statistically sound insight from large and complex datasets.
* Experience in communicating complex statistical insight through reports and data visualisation.
* Formal training in mathematics or statistics is a plus;
* Experience in machine learning is a plus;
* Peer-reviewed academic publications in high impact scientific journals is a plus; and
* Experience in algorithmic programming using C/C++ is a plus.
Meritastic is a US-based talent acquisition firm that specialises in sourcing data science talent to partner companies in North America.