My first thought was to do this project in PHP (and still can be done) but I like the Django webframework and hopefully it will speed up the development time.
The project is about creating a new never seen online game - but a very simple one!
Think for the right person it will not take more than 1 week to develop.
1. Registration page
2. Activate the account via email and auto generate password
3. Categories and subcategories (user may select which category he would like to be registered at)
5. List registered players 1-50 (with paginator) in a nice and clean way with avatar/logo (More info will be provided what data should exist when listing players)
6. Referral page - The user can refer users by sending emails to his friends. For each registered user the player refers he will get XXXX points.
6. SMS payment - The gateway already exists. Just need to integrate. When payment is done, the user will get points added to his account.
7. Ability to purchase weapons - More info in doc. If user makes an attack and fails, deduct points from his account and raise on the attacked user account. If the attack goes well, add points to the attacker and deduct from the attacked persons account.
8. Ability to purchase defense - More info in doc.
9 Action emails - When something happens to his account, send email about who has done what and when to his account. For example who has tried to attack him etc.
10. Search users
11. Top 10 users
12. Top 10 raising stars - "Who is climbing fastest on the rankings".
A few more points will be added but nothing difficult.
I have set this project do be done with PostGresql but Mysql 5 is an option.
May be best snake win - python =)