The topic is HLW management in the United States of America
Prepare a PowerPoint presentation (10-15 mins) of 20-25 slides on one of the topics from the list below.
Note: HLW – high-level waste; SNF – spent nuclear fuel, LILW – low- and intermediate-level waste.
Describe: the location and role of nuclear power in the country/region, nuclear waste storage and disposal sites, repository types, repository design if available and capacities, volume of nuclear wastes generated, stored and disposed of, methods of processing and disposal, public perception of nuclear energy.
Assess: the impact of nuclear wastes on the overall development of nuclear power in the country/region and conclude on the importance of nuclear waste management.
25 slide powerpoint answering the above. Each slide will need to be accompanied with notes - approx. 150 words for each slide. The notes will need to be in microsoft word and will need to be clearly marked for each slide.
Sources of Information
• International Atomic Energy Agency ([url removed, login to view])
• M.I. Ojovan, W.E. Lee. An introduction to nuclear waste immobilization. Elsevier, (2005).
[url removed, login to view]
• N.A. Chapman, I.G. McKinley. The geological disposal of nuclear waste. John Wiley and Sons, New York (1987).
• I. Hore-Lacy. Nuclear Energy in the 21st Century, The World Nuclear University Primer, [url removed, login to view]
- The work should be word processed and the font size should be 12.
- Make sure you use at least 10 academic papers
- you must be available on skype whilst working
- you will not be paid if the work is:
1. Below masters standard
2. Plagiarism or improper or inappropriate references used
3. you miss the deadline for the full assignment which is 2nd November 2013 at 9pm UK time