Research one of the following current robotic platforms and describe the robot in a short research paper.
*Your submitted assignment must be typed, single spaced, and a minimum of 2 pages; 3-4 pages are typically required for sufficient detail for a top grade (with relevant figures / tables).
ALL SEPEARTE PAGES with different research of the robots- total 10 pages
1. DARPA BigDog Robot
2. DARPA Crusher Robot
3. HiBot Amphibious Snake Robot
4. NASA/JPL Spirit/Opportunity Rover
5. NASA/JPL Curiosity Rover
You should describe the robot's Sense-Decide-Act loop and, in particular, be sure the following questions are addressed:
◦ What is this robot's purpose?
◦ Why is a robot a good choice for this job? What challenges come with using a robot instead of a person for this job?
◦ What sensors does this robot use?
◦ What perception methods / algorithms does it have to model the world it is sensing? (i.e., this robot has a camera and uses facial recognition software to perceive faces in the world around it ...)
◦ What makes this robot mobile (does it have legs, wheels, or other means of motion)?
◦ How is this robot powered? What power constraints does this robot have? Can it run for a couple of minutes? For a couple of hours? For a couple of days?
By the definition outlined in class, is this robot a "true" robot? (i.e. is it autonomous?). If so, describe how it achieves the three qualities of a robot discussed in class.