English Instructional Publications (E.I.P.) aims to broaden effective English language education to overseas countries, particularly Korea and other Asian countries, through various projects, as advertised on our website - [url removed, login to view]
We are looking for qualified and experienced writers, using the American vernacular, to provide content to our website as a way of educating Asians (including Koreans). We are looking for candidates that can exhibit mastery of English conversational skills and American expression. They must know how to communicate in a manner that is current and figurative, using both formal and informal styles of speech.
Specifically, those hired will be responsible for the following:
Creating short dialogues (see attachment) that will consist of:
1) A popular situation that Americans commonly come across and/or foreigners will need to have learned or conducted as newly arrived members in the states. (e.g., buying a home, making a purchase, speaking with co-workers, etc.)
2) Contain 2-4 popular, yet currently relevant American idioms (ex. early bird catches the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese)
3) Minimum 10 lines in A: and B: format with one being the foreigner and the other an American representative (e.g., sales associate, cashier, travel agent, repairman, etc.)
4) A brief explanation of the scenario, idioms, and expressions used
5) Is creative, but informative and useful in common everyday situations that both Americans and foreigners face.
•look at the attachment for examples
1) Excellent command of American English, which must be proved through a degree (English and Linguistics preferred) or some type of competency test
2) Written samples of your work that show English mastery
3) Good research skills (to find the latest uses in slang and verbal expression)
4) Have access to the internet, notepad, and e-mail. Skype a must have.
5) Be responsible, prompt, and charismatic :) Must be able to meet deadlines and exhibit passion for work.
To gain more consideration, please provide portfolios of your work, or even better, send a small sample of a dialogue that you feel will help a foreigner new to the states prosper. (please do not plagiarize)
Each dialoguer will be paid 10 cents per dialogue (using the above requirements and inspection) Lackluster dialogues will not be counted.
Thus, a dialoguer(s) may provide up to 500 dialogues (minimum of 30 a day) in a month. Those hired can earn up to $50 maximum a month.
We expect a minimum of 400 quality dialogues submitted for a month's work. (work must be approved for credit)
Lastly, we are looking for those who enjoy the art of writing and speech. This is a great way to show artistry and self-expression and be of tremendous impact to those wanting to learn English.
Regards, The Engliship Team