I am seeking an e-book writer to construct an Australian "How to" e-book on employment.
I am a training consultant with my own business. This e-book will be used on my website and content printed for eligible classes.
The e-book would be on my behalf but would be clearly identified as being authored by the winning bidder. It will include a column or small section (no more than 1/3 of a page) on who you are and what your story is and why freelancing is an option for you.
I wish to create a whole series of e-books on employment in a whole range of themes. Each one will be reasonably short 5 - 20 pages at absolute maximum. The primary target market is mothers returning to earning.
E-Books whilst being optimised for viewing on the screen should also be suitable for printing. This means not huge uses of colour, all A4 portrait or landscape orientation, and suitable for double sided printing on 80GSM paper.
Not only will I read each of the e-books but I will use various resources to test their authenticy so please do not use other peoples work or use text spinners.
To be eligible for a winning bid you must:
1. Send me a finished map (so a detailed outline) of an e-book that will be no more than 10 pages in length, on the theme "Use Temporary Work To Permanently Succeed" featuring some key websites within Australia where jobseekers can seek temporary work, outline the pros and cons of temporary work, examine the types of temporary work including short term, long term, contract etc, and clearly explain why it looks great on your resume. You should also include a draft of your "profile" using language and examples that are relevent to this theme.
2. Send a detailed outline of your experience as a freelancer and tell me why you need this work and what you can do for me long term in adding value to my training programs and my online content.
3. Provide me with an explanation of how you intend to carry out research for this series - what search terms you might enter into google or other search engine, what job websites you could reference, any networks that you might be able to consult, and therefore what presentation methods you intend to use - i.e. FAQ, Headings and Body Text, information grabs, graphs, tables etc.
4. To ensure the quality of the presentation tell me what resources you are going to use? i.e. Microsoft Publisher, Microsoft Online Clip Art, etc. Also outline how you will ensure every e-book you produce on my behalf will be consistent in look and feel but be unique for easy identification.
A winning bid:
1. Will produce the first e-book in my series as already mapped and an additional 3 e-books in this series of books which may be used in a different order to the original request. The required themes will be provided if you have been chosen.
2. Will provide the template which is clear for use for up to a 20 page e-book (including front cover, acknowledgements, contents, page numbering, author profile etc)
3. Will be available to produce the first draft of the first e-book within 3 days and the finished product within 7 days. The additional books require a draft to be submitted each Monday and the finished product each Thursday of February, 2010.
4. Will be elgible to attend webinars with me during February (as available) that may benefit their development of the e-books or growth as a business person.
5. Will have first option to produce additional content prior to me contacting others.
I am a genuine business out in the real world. My products are used by real people. I expect the winning bidder to work with me closely to meet my needs - I will not pay for a product that I do not like and I reserve the right to ask for a resubmission.