Andrew Mirsky, a Washington DC attorney and Principal of M Street Legal, is looking for an accomplished person to help him organize and streamline his firm’s business operations, in particular managing business contacts, task-list management, managing email and other business communications, and scheduling. This is a part-time permanent position where you can work from home.
About Andrew Mirsky and M Street Legal:
Andrew’s firm, M Street Legal, is a small new media and tech law practice based in DC, with clients in DC and NYC. Andrew has been practicing law for 25 years, mainly focused on transactional work for clients in new media and technology. Andrew is the founding Principal of M Street Legal, and works with several junior attorneys.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Andrew has prepared a detailed list of goals, problems clarified, examples, and additional details so you will understand his expectations for the role. You will be given this detailed document before you speak with Andrew and after your interview with his recruiter. For now, here is a partial list of tasks you will be expected to do. Andrew expects you to expand upon this given your expertise and ideas on how to accomplish the goals in the best way:
1. Manage Andrew’s business contacts. Andrew needs to stay connected with current clients and build his network of future clients.
2. Manage Andrew’s client projects and tasks in an effective way to help him plan each week and each day so that he uses his time most effectively.
3. Support Andrew in responding in a timely and professional way to emails and telephone calls.
4. Streamlining and managing Andrew’s schedule, using shared calendars and good planning. It’s good to be flexible to meet with people, but often disruptive if not done with some structure.
You get it about service and want to continue to improve upon processes and relationships. You must have great English writing and speaking skills as all of our clients speak English as their first language. You do not need to live in the DC area, however you do need to have some availability during 8am and 6pm ET. You should also be tactful, exercise good judgment and establish and maintain good personal relationships with colleagues and clients.
You should have done this work in some shape or form where you are at the highest level of ability:
• Proven experience as a Virtual Assistant or relevant role
• Familiarity with current technologies, like desktop sharing, cloud services and VoIP
• Experience with word-processing software and spreadsheets (e.g. MS Office, Google Apps, )
• Knowledge of online calendars, scheduling and cloud-based systems (e.g. Google Calendar and Dropbox)
• Decent familiarity with using and engaging on social media (especially Twitter and LinkedIn)
• Excellent phone, email and instant messaging communication skills
• Excellent time management skills
• Solid organizational skills
How to Apply and Process:
Please email your resume to Lorne@LorneEpstein.com. Please also include your written answers to the following questions.
1. Have you worked previously in this type of role with attorneys or other professional services providers? If so, please tell us some of the specific ways that you made/make that relationship work well for your client.
2. Pick one of the goals that Andrew wants to reach from the list above (number 1 to 4). Describe with as much detail as possible how you have helped a client reach that goal.
There will be two phone interviews, and possibly a third. The first one with his recruiting support to make sure you are a general fit, the second with Andrew who will go over his needs and personality style. If necessary, a final call with Andrew to seal the deal.