I "inherited" a Ruby on Rails project from another developer; the site is a specialist CMS for a membership site (some content is public, some is members only, member's privacy is of vital importance). It does NOT have a test suite - although I have started adding some Cucumber stories to some pieces of functionality.
I have already done a lot of work on revamping how the membership system works; however there is also a list of other enhancements and bugs to be fixed. A couple of the items are about a day's work apiece, the rest are minor view changes or validations; I estimate this to be around fours days worth of work (including learning time to get up to speed) - unfortunately at the moment I do not have the resources to complete the work myself, so I am looking for a Ruby on Rails developer to code these changes for me.
* Knowledge of Rails 2.3.5
* Ability to pick up existing code quickly
* Knowledge of using Git for version control (I am using Github to store the source)
* Some graphics/image editing capability (the client is quite particular about the appearance of buttons etc)
* Availability over IM for at least a couple of hours per day (I am in the UK)
I will be using Redmine for issue tracking - each work item will be added as a ticket in Redmine and I will include suggestions of which models/controllers etc need to be altered to make the required changes.
The items that need work are:
* Members often enter their data in all-lower-case - validations need adding to attempt to auto-capitalise names if they are all lower-case
* Badges needed for the social media links (there are links to the client's Myspace, Facebook and Twitter pages - these need small graphics adding to make the links look better)
* There is an inbuilt email editor, using FCKEditor to send HTML emails to members. This needs the ability to add attachments - PDFs and inline images.
* All mailto-links across the site need to be replaced with links to the "contact us" page
* There is a members directory page, listing site-members (who have their privacy settings set to "public"). This needs a new optional filter adding (based upon a boolean field in the User model)
* A tab in the main layout needs the text changing. The tabs are all graphics, so changing the text involves recreating the images for the entire tab bar - unfortunately we do not have access to the original PSD, so the images will need to be recreated from scratch
* The site generates RSS feeds for certain sections of the site; however, new RSS feeds need adding (reusing the existing code in different controllers)
* When a site member uses the inbuilt email facility to send a message, they should receive an acknowledgement email letting them know that their message was sent successfully
* The display of archived events needs to be altered - sort order changes and the display should hide certain elements
* Extra validation (on post length) needed when a member adds a new blog post to the site
* AJAX form needed - when creating a CMS page you can also create a "page group" - this needs to work over AJAX, instead of as a separate page, so that your page details are not lost
* Remove an icon from the events listings view
The successful applicant is expected to complete all the items above to my satisfaction - for each item, I can include pointers as to which models, views and controllers are involved, with a suggestion on how to perform the work. I would like each item as a single commit into a git branch that I can then approve or return for further development.
If this work goes well, I have a number of similar Rails projects (CMS style applications, mainly with no tests, that I inherited from other developers) that need general bug-fixes and enhancements doing, so good work here WILL lead to further contracts.
I look forward to reading your applications.
14 freelancers estão ofertando em média $563 para este trabalho
Hi. We are a pair of experienced (3+ years) Ruby/Rails developers who are willing to take on your project. Please refer to your private messages for more information.
Hi, All the items to work on are small but the code digging itself will take some time... So 2 days for code understanding, 7 days for changes and 3 days buffer.
Hi, I have over 2 years of Ruby on Rails experience and will be glad to be of service to you, I give money back guarantee. Hoping to hear from you asap. Thanks & Regards, Dhruva Sagar.
I have worked on RoR, Ext JS, MySql, JdbcMySql driver,Visual Paradigm, Netbeans at Ojus Software Labs(taken over GVK Bio). see inbox for more details.
Hello, We have read the posting and would like develop as per your specifications.Please check your private messages for more information about this project. I hope to assist you with it.