Goal to create three OEM CDs of XP. The user would select the OEM copy the PC has a valid COA Sticker for. The CD/DVD automatically deletes all partitions on hard drive, creates new partition C:, Installs OS with all hot fixes, programs, tweaks, updates.
Disk would include all common SATA, Audio, Chipset, Video drivers etc., Disk would include all XP Hotfixes. This disk would be unattended requiring no other user interaction other than selecting OS version from menu at beginning and inputting new CD Key at the end of the installation. After restart the os would check for any available updates.
Deliverables should be three separate .ISO images.
Order of operations:
- Wipes the current hard drive and partitions the current hard drive as 1 drive
- Installs XP Home/Pro OEM with dummy keys that can be changed later
- Standard "Administrator" user is fine
- Standard -6 CST for time zone is fine
- Standard Computer Name "Computer" is fine
- Installs Drivers for Audio, Video, Chipset, Eithernet, WiFi
- Installs SP3
- Installs any pre/post Windows updates
- Then presents a checklist menu of the following applications which, when checked and "next" pressed, will install the ones checked automatically with any updates done as well:
- Win XP Burner
- Avg Free 10.0
- Crap Cleaner
- CD Burn XP
- Adobe reader
- Flash Plugin
- Media Player Classic
- Office 2003
- TweakUI Powertoys
- Java Update
- Folder Size 2.5
- Update above as needed with definitions upon last reboot
-Any other enhancements you can think of
- Load Provided Screensaver
- Load Provided Background
- Load Provided User Icon
- Set Desktop Resolution 1024X768 (Disable screen resolution notification)
- Remove all "add on" toolbars from IE
- Set default IE Homepage to [url removed, login to view]
- Disable any toolbar notifications
- Disable Language Bar
- Enable Quick Launch Bar ( Icons should be IE, Show Desktop, Media Player)
- Change highlight menu color from light baby blue to light purple
The products must also:
- Follow the guidelines of <[url removed, login to view]>
- Ask for password before disk reformats HDD
- Be fully documented
- Be easy to upgrade by us when new windows updates are available vs. hard coded.
- NOT use nlite as this will be used in a commercial environment and nlite won't allow it.
- Be fully open source
The end goal is user should be able to insert CD/DVD, Input password, Walk away for 30min, Update XP Key, Select Software Package, Update if internet is found.