I am looking for a quick bash script solution. It will need to:
* cd into the backups directory
* delete all ZIP files older than x days from ALL subdirectories
* allow for specified subdirectories to be excluded
* if deleting files will leave none in directory, do not delete and send e-mail notification
The script should allow for spaces, underscores, dashes/hyphens, and periods in filenames. To prove that you've actually read this description and can follow instructions, please PM me with the phrase BASH201004. I plan to set up a cron job to run the script. Please let me know why I should be confident that you can do the job.
The following will need to be variables that I can set:
* backup directory
* excluded subdirectories
* number of days before files are targeted for deletion
* e-mail address to send notification to
Budget is $30.