A typical business problem involves scheduling customers for service. This problem appears in businesses ranging from auto dealerships to dental offices. In this project, you will create a web application to manage appointments for a dermatology office where there are multiple dermatologists.
The user stories for this application are given below.
1. As a patient, I can choose an appointment time from a list of available openings where
each possible time is 30 minutes, available days are Monday through Friday, and
appointment times begin at 8 AM and end at 4:30 PM.
2. As a patient, I can cancel an appointment up to 8 hours before its scheduled time.
3. As a patient, I can enter in the reasons that I need to make an appointment
4. As a system administrator, I can run a report for all the physicians in the office that shows their completed appointments and the amount invoiced for each appointment.
5. As a system administrator, I can add, edit, update and remove physicians from the system.
6. As a system administrator, I can add, edit, update and remove diagnostic codes. The initial set of codes should be all of those found on this page: http://
[url removed, login to view]
7. As an office worker, I can generate an invoice for a patient based on the diagnostic code entered by the physician.
8. As a physician, I can make notes during the appointment and assign a diagnostic code for the patient.
Due tomorrow Tuesday 12-2-2014 by 11:59PM Central US time
I will provide any missing information such as Bit bucket login and Balsamiq
• The software MUST be saved in BitBucket.
• All conventions discussed in class must be followed (table and field names, etc.)
• Physician codes
You will received 10 extra points if your application is deployed to Heroku or some other cloud
service. If it is deployed, you must turn in your URL to Blackboard as part of the overall
a. Requirements Section
i. All user stories and their acceptance criteria.
ii. UML activity diagrams
b. Design Section
c. Printouts of wireframes built using Balsamiq (you will be given access to the UH
d. System design documentation, including
i. Schema (ERD) and UML class diagrams
ii. a list of all GEMS used in the application
e. User Manual
i. Written for a non-technical system user.
2. Completed web application:
a. All user stories and tests implemented.
3. Git repository
a. Turn in the https URL for your git repository on BitBucket. Zipped source files will
not be accepted under any circumstance!