Functional requirements: Using the BOTS software ([url removed, login to view]), create a BOTS configuration that shall:
1) watch a folder called "input" for new files.
2) read an X12 EDI 5010 835 formatted file from the "input" folder. Use BOTS to read the file to take advantage of automatic processing of the X12 header, delimiters, end of record variations, etc. Do not write a custom file parser - use BOTS for this.
3) stream convert the X12 EDI 5010 835 file to a canonical JSON format. Do not simply pull the whole input file into memory. Use stream processing so the system can scale to larger data sets.
4) it is up to the developer to decide the specific canonical JSON format. We require that the format directly reflect the structure (nested loops, segments) of the X12 EDI 5010 835 file.
5) write the JSON file to a folder called "output"
6) Deliver all code to realize this configuration in a single ZIP file with professional comments.
7) Use efficient processing techniques to scale to 100,000 records in a single X12 5010 835 file.
Example X12 5010 835 file: [url removed, login to view]
Documentation of the X12 5010 835 file format is copyrighted. Many examples of 835 processing can be found on the Internet. BOTS even comes with an example of processing 835 files.
Warm regards. Thanks so much for the help!