Accomplished Senior Software Engineer specialized in systems’ architecture and full software development life cycle, including requirement gathering, coding and testing; with proven track record developing business solutions using Microsoft and others cutting edge technologies. Interested in a challenging technical environment where innovation, team work and curiosity is encouraged to create great products and services.
• Languages & Frameworks: C#, Visual Basic, C++, Pascal, Java, Java Script, Python, Ruby on Rails, Sinatra.
2.0/3.5/4.0/4.5, WCF, ASP.NET Web API, MS Enterprise Libraries (Blocks), ASP.NET MVC 5, Web Forms, WinForms, WPF, Silverlight, NHibernate, Entity framework, Linq-to-SQL.
ASP.NET Web API 2.0, WCF Rest, Entity Framework (Data base first, Model first and Code first), ADO, SQL, PL/SQL, T-SQL, Data Annotations, ASP.NET, Razor, LinQ to EF, XML, Unit Testing, Microsoft System libraries, Ninject, [url removed, login to view], SignalR (Real-time web functionality to applications).
• Data Bases: SQL Server 2000-2012, Oracle, IMB DB2 10.5, Firebird, PostgreSQL, MongoDB.
• Concepts: Multi-Tier Systems, Multi-Threading, Domain Service, Test Driven Design, OOP, SoC, Software as a Service, Service Oriented Architectures & Applications, Single Page Application, Domain-Specific Language (DSL), General-Purpose Language (GPL), NoSQL dababase.
• Design Patterns: S.O.L.I.D Principles. Dependency Injection, Inversion Control, 23 Gang of Four Patterns ([url removed, login to view]), 3-Tier/N-Tier, MVP, MVC, MVVM.
• Methodologies & Modeling Tools: OOP/D, Agile Development, Scrum, Waterfall, Single Page Application, Responsive Design, REST, UML, MS Visio, Rational and Visual Paradigm.
• Operating Systems: Windows (all versions), Linux.
• Source Control: Team Foundation Server, Source Gear, Subversion, Git.
• IDE & tools: MS Visual Studio 2013 Ultimate, Eclipse, WebStorm, SQL Server Data Tools, Eclipse, Borland Delphi, C++Builder, Fiddler, IBM Data Studio, IBM FileNet Content Manager,IBM KwikWork, Octopus Deploy.
• Design: Twitter Bootstrap, Font Awesome, Illustrator, Google Web Fonts, Photoshop.
SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS:
• Strong knowledge of C#/ C++/VB, Microsoft Technologies and popular frameworks.
• Extensive background in full development life cycle, including requirement definition, prototyping, design and implementation.
• Experience applying Test Driven Design, Domain Driven Design and UML in agile environment.
• Well versed in database analysis, modeling and design. Enterprise level experience.
• In-depth experience in Design and Analysis of Algorithms.
• Very strong organizational and analytical skills.
• Familiarity with latest trends and technologies, educated, certified, and eager to continue learning.
• Highly personable demeanor among coworkers and clients and practices exceptional work ethic.
• Team work, work in hard environment organized & help people, friendly communication, outgoing, learned rapidly, good listened and passionate about programming.
• Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP). “Developing ASP.NET MVC 4 Web Applications”.
• Miami-Dade County Public School (MDCPS), "Web Developer" certification.
• B.Sc. Computer Science.
August 2014- present
Assurant | Miami, FL ([url removed, login to view] )
• Working as a Senior Software Developer at Information Technology and Claims Services department. Developing the creation of the new RESFull Web Api service that will integrate some process with a third party external Web Api ( [url removed, login to view] ).
• Helping in the design of the architecture of some important part of the existing system such as Service, Domain, Data Access and Data Layer. Implementing unit and integration testing of every main component of the system.
• Creating PL Store procedures and UDF (User Defined Function) in IBM DB2, for calling REST Web Service as a database driven development.
January 2014- August 2014
Miami-Dade County Public Schools| Miami, FL ([url removed, login to view] )
• Working as a Senior Software Developer at Internet Technology Service department of MDCPS in a team environment.
• Have been working in many projects at the time. A complete application was created from scratch for handling reports. The client application is a Single Page Application using the latest AngularJS framework along with HTML5 and CSS3 using Bootstrap. The application is intended to work on all the major resolutions browsers and devices having a responsive design. For the back-end, a common ASP.Net Web API with RESTfull protocol was created using C# 5.0 which interacts with the SQL server database. The Service and Data Access Layer were developed using Asynchronous Programming with async and await increasing the performance per request of the users. It was used OAuth as a token base authorization and cache techniques in the server side. Several load tests were applied satisfactorily.
• Working as developer, as part of the team in the new mobile app for Miami-Dade County Public Schools’ (M-DCPS) launched to provide parents, students, and employees faster access to up-to-date school information. The official Dadeschools Mobile App is now available to download for free for iPhone and Android devices. The mobile app has the following features: Student class schedules and bus route information, list of all Miami-Dade public schools by school type, school information including school website, photos, school address, phone number, enrollment, school colors, and school hours, functionality to contact school via phone or email, ability to view school location on a map, ability to send text, email or Twitter post of the school’s information, ability to receive notifications from M-DCPS, information about The Foundation for New Education Initiatives, Inc. (FNEI), log in using Dadeschools Portal username and password to receive personalized information tailored to parents, students, and employees. ([url removed, login to view] ).
• Working in the integration of an existing Web API Service in MDCPS with an external third-party WCF notification service called BlackBoard. ([url removed, login to view] )
• The following actions needed to be taken in every project: taking requirements from the client managers, making high level and low level project design, involved in the scrum process of the team, managing the product backlog items and team velocity in the TFS, construction coding the requirement into language syntax, testing, creation of test cases, testing and bug fixing and production support.
Environments: .NET 4.5 AngularJS, C#, ASP.Net Web API, VB.Net and SQL Server 2008 R2, Team Foundation Server (for source code control), Microsoft Visual Studio 2013.
March 2013- December 2013
Cross Match Technologies, INC | Palm Beach Gardens, FL ([url removed, login to view] )
• Working as a Senior Software Developer in a team environment, implementing parts of an existing web-based biometric enrollment application which was deployed to the United States Social Security Administration.
• Was created a complete module of a Single Page Application for capturing facial photos in different angles using a webcam, allowing converting them in a binary format, storing them in the database through a WCF Rest web service and programmatically sending them via email to a biometric data repository.
• Developed multi-tiered server solutions for biometric enrollment, data storage, biometric matching, and data transfer databases. Clients included United States military, law enforcement, and various government agencies.
• Used Scrum for agile software development during two week Sprints and projects, along with Team Foundation Server for project planning, team collaboration, source control, and performing other tasks such as branching, merging, and performing builds.
October 2012-March 2013
Lumbermen's Underwriting Alliance, INC | Boca Raton, Fl. ([url removed, login to view] )
• The Insurance Automation System (IAS) is the platform on which all future line of business applications of the company will be developed. The current process in IAS is single threaded, meaning that only one user can access a document at a time. On larger documents, this is blocking other user’s requests until the process has completed. This is because IAS is set up to allocate only one content management license. A handled class was developed allowing adding four more users and queuing up requests so it does not lock out other users accessing documents. A very good understanding of threading and asynchronous programing in C# using semaphore class was necessary to success this project.
• Working on different subsystems of Insurance Automation System (IAS), adding new functionalities from the presentation in WPF using the MVVM pattern Services Layer implementing Dependency Injection Container to the Data Layer in SQL Database, creating tables, stores procedures, views and triggers.
March 2012-October 2012
GBS International, INC | Miami, Fl. ([url removed, login to view] )
• Programming a module of a Windows Form application named AFISALES SYSTEM, regarding to the pay of payrolls and reporting of employees that belong to several groups of hotels of a Time Share Company.
• Programming Windows Form application tool that allows the automatic translation from any Windows Form application on a selected number of languages. Performing a syntactic analysis over the [url removed, login to view] files that generates a dictionary of terms associated with each text, used inside the application to be translate allowing export them into an excel file (. Xls) or Xml too, for further manual modification of the terms if needed.
• Showing experience in C# as based language and strong knowledge of Visual Studio 2010 and working with SQL queries, store procedures, triggers, views, and strong knowledge of MSSQL Server and Firebird.
• Creating several customized reports using Crystal Report using complex SQL queries.
February 2011-May 2011
Wireless Replay, INC Miami, Fl. ([url removed, login to view])
• Working as a refurbishing of cellular telephone products thru the PRS Program offering the enterprise a full supply chain management and distribution services.
• Worked in receiving, inventory update, disassembly, assembly, testing and sending cell phones
• Designed a windows application to digitize, search efficiently and take inventory of information concerning input products, repairs made and the output products.
Sept 2003- June 2010
University of Oriente Santiago de Cuba. ([url removed, login to view] )
Assistant Professor and Software Developer
• Designed and programmed a Web Application using ASP.net 3.5 representing a lexicographical analyzer of C++ language. For one or more cpp files the software analysis of the number of occurrences o each token.
• Designed and implemented, from scratch, a multi-tier (Client/Server) Web Application using c# and ASP.NET. This system was very successful for the university library catalog.
• Creation of data base systems Web Application for human resource's management using ASP.NET 3.5, C# and SQL.
• Analyzed, designed and developed an industrial Windows From and Web Application using ASP.NET 3.5 for calculating and managing the optimal cut of aluminum’s pieces, for the construction of shutters, ports, shelters and windows, using Linear Programming and Delphi and C++. This software saved thousands of dollars in the annual production to the National Construction Project.
• Participated in the creation of an online web based application for the university's educational system using ASP.NET 2.0.
Environments: C#, ASP.NET 2.0/3.5, MS Visual C++ 6.0, Windows/Red Hat v6.0, Paradox DB, Delphi v5.0.
• Assistant Professor at the Computer Science Department, teaching undergraduate subjects like: Mathematic Discreet, Programming and Software Engineering, Design and Analysis of Algorithms.
• Professor at The Social Workers School of Santiago de Cuba, teaching Microsoft Windows’ office suit (software as Access, Excel, Word and Power Point).
• Educated students in keyboarding, researching, report typing, data generating, and illustrating. Devices lesson plans that reinforced technical skills and drew connections between the classroom and the real world. Promoted proper classroom etiquette. Coordinated with colleagues to share best practices, refine teaching methods, and address academic behavioral matters.
• Taught four mathematic sections intro to Calculus, intro to Trigonometry, functions and Statistics. Implemented stimulating lesson to capture students’ attention and interest. Utilized discussion-based lessons in order to promote a deeper understanding of the concepts. Offered after-school tutoring to help struggling students improve their critical thinking and problem-solving skills. Participate in various extracurricular activities. Developed unit-based project that are centered on real world situations that show students the importance of gaining solid education and how math correlates with everyday life.
Sept 2011- Present
The English Center. Course of Web Programming Services
May 2011- Sept 2011
New Horizons. Course of A+, Network+, Windows 7
Sept 1998- March 2003
University of Oriente - Santiago de Cuba, Cuba (Spanish Universidad de Oriente)
Started the study of Computer Science career at the university.
He could emphasize a deep study of computer programming and pure mathematics. Learning Outcomes:
• Calculus, Algebra, Discrete mathematics, object-oriented programming, computer organization, algorithms, object-oriented design, database management systems, and computer ethics, and a variety of electives subjects as web programming, networks, computer graphics, and operating systems.
• Demonstrate an understanding of mathematical arguments, and assess their validity.
• Identify the fundamental concepts in the main areas of mathematics, including set theory, logic, calculus, discrete mathematics, linear and modern algebra, and real analysis.
• Construct mathematical proofs using standard techniques such as induction, contradiction and contraposition.
• Solve mathematical problems and perform calculations by applying abstraction and mathematical models as appropriate, as well as communicating mathematical ideas and concepts to various audiences.
• Demonstrate an understanding of various interconnections among the branches of mathematics, the breadth and depth of mathematics, and the beauty in mathematics.
3 freelancers estão ofertando em média $187 para esse trabalho
Hola trabajo con Rails 3, tambien conozco .net he trabajado años en el, tambien sql server pero ultimamente con DB2. Puede ser en ingles sin inconvenientes, utilizo herramientas para poder reportar mis avances