We are just starting up.
Our Core Product Definition:
1. The product is an email client that uses a graphical interface to display email conversations and selected email attributes
2. Retrieve email data from, and send emails to, existing email server. All emails to still synchronize with existing email clients. This product will be another client instance.
3. Each email is effectively shown as a node, and depending on variable settings, different email attributes (headers and email body) will be shown.
4. Display emails in a hierarchical way on the screen (internet browser) according to pre-defined groupings for all email conversations.
5. The positioning of all email nodes will be according to mathematical formulae written in existing code.
6. Display incoming emails under the conversations they belong in, in real time.
7. Change the display according to mathematical formulae when an email is selected.
8. Contacts, calendar, and tasks consoles remain in conventional email client.
Prototype written in Java Applet (Swing) and HSQL. No documentation.
First deliverable is to:
1. Get understanding of architecture options
2. Identify technical constraints and key risks
4 Bronze estimate
This will involve an initial brainstorming / question-answer session with non-technical owner.