As Infinity’s Software Engineer, you are responsible for creating a custom Linux OS from scratch bridging the gap between the hardware and software teams; you must be an experienced software engineer building system on embedded Linux platforms.
As with any position in a startup, our Software Systems Engineer will wear many hats. You must be prepared for the fast pace and high-focus demands of this unique environment and opportunity.
• Deep and current understanding of the Linux programming language
• Programming in Intel x86 and/or ARM assembly
• Understanding of modern CPU design (out of order, superscalar)
• Low level debugging experience
• Genuine passion for kernel technology and systems engineering
• Extensive knowledge of hardware platforms & processor architectures
• Demonstrated creative, critical thinking and troubleshooting skills
• Highly professional, with the ability to deliver solid work on tight schedules
• Excellent collaborative skills including written and verbal communication
• Ability to understand board schematics
• Bachelor’s degree in CS, CE, EE or equivalent industry experience required
• Experience with firmware, device driver, or kernel level test development
• Solid UNIX/LINUX OS fundamentals