The final deliverable for this project is a wxWidgets custom control which 100% mimics the API of [url removed, login to view], version 184.108.40.206 except that it ALWAYS uses the rich edit family of controls introduced on this page [url removed, login to view]%28v=[url removed, login to view]%29.aspx. Needless to say, this control will work ONLY under Windows, all 32/64 bit versions from XP SP2 to Windows 10.
This project has the following constraints:
- it MUST be 100% API compatible with wxRichText 220.127.116.11. We are not interested in upgrades/downgrades of the version. We’d like to simply replace the off-the-shelf wxRichText with new one and we expect it to work out of the box (except for the format of the RTF content being exported of course)
- the solution must be used only on free and open source projects – no paid stuff, no third party binaries, except the ones which come from Microsoft;
- all code and ideas which are embedded in the solution remain exclusive intellectual property of the buyer (us) – you will be prohibited from using the code and ideas you develop for us for any personal or business purpose, including but not limited to open source/free projects;
- we don’t care about the development tools you use, but you must provide detailed step-by-step instructions on how to build the widget from source to release/debug version;
We provide a very bare wxWidgets prototype of such a control – the left hand side box with the flowers (source code attached, it’s a VS 2008 project). Be aware that you can’t paste with the mouse in there, only Ctrl+V/Shiftt-Ins.
Priority will be given to
- coders who demonstrate that they managed to rebuild the source code we are attaching. You can return the source code with rebuild binaries and some small change which proves that you are able to get orientated;
- coders who provide a timeline for testable milestones as well as final delivery (eg, coders who state that by October 1, features A, B, and C will be available for our testing and comments…. By October 15, features D, E, F will be ready, and so on )
- coders who specify that they will support their work (viz., if bugs are found in 3 months, etc)
We intend to select a coder on Monday September 28.