Secure Viewer Requirements
The purpose of the secure viewer (SV) is to present video and image files to Respondents in a secure manner. SV needs to be compatible with Windows, MAC OS, iOS, Chrome OS and Android. The SV will also need to work with IE 6+, Firefox 3+, Safari 4+, Chrome 4+, Opera 9+.
Respondents – Are recruited to join a market research panel. These people are invited to take part in market research studies presented to them via an email invitation or website banner ad. They will be queried to take surveys across many different topics.
Files will be received in the following, but not limited to, formats:
1. Windows Media Video 9 (.wmv)
2. Quicktime (.mov)
3. MPEG2 (.mpg)
4. Raw DVD (.vob .ifo .bup)
The SV will not provide controls to the Respondent. The Respondent will not be able to pause, stop or adjust the viewer experience (window size). The window size will be defined and controlled by the client
1. Right click (copy, paste)
2. Save As
3. SnagIt and other Mac screen grab products
4. Print Screen
6. Cache Storage
7. View Source
1. Watermarked file, watermark is dynamic and is to be linked to back to a specific Respondent. We need the ability to reference a unique identifier imbedded in the code of a link to identify each respondent and fire within the player. This is needed to trace back any potential leaks to a particular respondent.
2. If the Respondent moves off the viewer window the viewer will black out.
3. SV skin can be changed by Client
4. SV does not have a file size limitation
5. Directions/error messages can be changed by Client
6. Preference is for a non-Java based applet if possible given the current security challenges
7. No download required by the Respondent
8. Client owns the player