The freelancer should provide a manual that explains the steps to create a live linux distribution which boots from cd-rom or an usb flash drive and that serves files stored on an internal harddrive (ext4 format, > 500 GB). The computer which will boot the image has at least 12GB RAM.
The following requirements must be met:
- Use Ubuntu (or Debian) as distribution, preferable Ubuntu 12.04 LTS
- No graphical user interface required
- Install Apache2 webserver, MongoDB and OpenSSH server
- Configuration files should be made persistent on the harddrive (network config, apache config etc.)
- Apache should be set up to serve static files from the internal harddrive
- The mongodb database files are also stored on the internal drive and all log files are to be stored there too
It is crucial that Apache and MongoDB have high performance, if possible matching the performance of a full installation on the same machine.