Canadian company seeks a talented phone voice to set sales appointments and generate leads for the advertising department of our Toronto community newspaper.
Job responsibilities are as follows:
- Setting appointments with merchants to have one of our salesman visit for the purpose of selling ad space in our newspaper.
- Introducing syndicated content to other community publications and gauging their interest in carrying our material. Interested groups will be contacted afterwards by one of our sales staff.
- Updating call and sales notes on our web-based sales tool.
The successful candidate:
- must have a proven track record in setting appointments or selling by phone
- will have a North American or lightly-accented British accent; all nationalities and ethnic backgrounds will be considered but the ability to communicate easily and flawlessly in English is a must
- can easily qualify prospects by phone to identify their level of interest so that each sales visit is a productive meeting with a genuinely interested prospective client
- will have good attention to detail
- is available to call during regular business hours (ie. 9 to 5) in the Eastern Time Zone
Our publication covers a local area and it is critical that this project be approached with the finesse of low-pressure relationship-building. Absolutely no aggressive tactics are to be used.
We will, of course, provide a calling card for international calling.
Once we have had a chance to review bids, candidates who are being considered will be contacted for a telephone interview. Please feel free to include voice samples or recordings with your bid. Be sure to include your expected hourly rate.