We've written what we consider to be a unique and genuinely useful application for automating operations on the web. See <[url removed, login to view]>, though the product is not released yet and the site is not finalised.
We require somebody to :
- Look through the web site, checking for formatting and grammatical errors, and making suggestions on how to improve the impact and first impression
- Look through all of the video tutorials on the web site, suggesting any improvements that could be made to improve the flow or understandability
- Install the software, ideally on multiple operating systems (but this isn't essential, though a 64 bit test would be good...), and confirm that it installs correctly
- Using the help file and video tutorials as a source of reference, functionally test the software using a series of real-world examples and report any issues found. This should include both creating rpojects from scratch, maintaining projects and executing projects - and should aim for a high level of functionality coverage.
- Suggest improvements to the help file if appropriate.
The application itself is pretty easy to use and not vastly complicated, so I would propose 3 days initial testing to cover all of this, with potential for a subsequent second phase of more detailed testing if the work goes well. So please bid on the basis of approximately 3 days, about 2 days of which to be sent on detailed testing and the other day on the web site, video and help file feedback.
Depending on the final bid prices, we may decide to accept two to double up the testing - if so both will work completely independently to the above brief.
The bidder must have fluent English.
(1) Clear and concise bug reports. For every bug we need detailed information in order to reproduce it, ideally from scratch. e.g. Open the attached project, click on this action, then this action, press the x button and error '....' occurs. Not just 'I got an error'.
(2) A full handover document recommeding changes to the web site, help file and video tutorials.