I have been toying with some 3D designs for my own hobby-project and I came to a point where I have made an rough outline and I am about to enter prototyping and manufacturing. Before I start paying for dies and molds, I would like to ask some questions on the design details, ease of manufacturability and overall key potential problems. The design shares certain design principles of a modern tent, It
my questions are about:
- how to design a proper screw assembly (size of holes, what kind of screws should be used (if any)
- how to design plastic in a way that allows snap-on attachment and structural soundness
- how to best design telescopic parts
- how to best facilitate self-assembly by a user
- how to optimize weight or sizes
- how to minimize the number of plastic injected parts
any other suggestions and tips will be welcome. I know I don't understand this field well...
I believe the whole consultation should take max 2 hours (15 minutes preview of the design file, 1-1.5 hour discussion, potential extra 15 minutes for sharing some links or part IDs)
If the feedback is well done and there will be a good space for improvement, I will consider paying extra to even redo the design. I am currently working with Fusion360 but I believe it should be not a problem.
16 freelancers estão ofertando em média $32 para esse trabalho
See my portfolio for my recent projects. I'm sure I can help you with your design, since I'm very familiar with things you are asking in project description.