Software company seeks someone to translate webpages from English to Russian. Must be fluent in Russian and at least near fluent English.
I will provide:
- English version of our webpages
- Spreadsheet with every English phrase and additional meaning to help convey message when needed. Please see Other Requirements for more details on spreadsheet.
- Review the spreadsheet for accuracy
- If mistranslations are found, record better translation by the
English phrase in the Russian column. In the Differences column, state why your translation is more appropriate. Can give high level summary or use general categories for explanation.
- Majority of translating is support instructions (Ex: Click Start button)
- Word count is about 7200 words, but majority of text is simple user instructions, content is mostly repeated.
- See attached document for more details.
After we update our website, we need final verification to ensure everything looks correct in context.
Good to have but not required:
- Software background
- Based in Russia
In your bid please confirm your:
- Fluency in both Russian and English
- Past experience/skills
- Bid price for website translation
- Time needed to translate website
- Willingness to work on future translation projects
The spreadsheet contains four columns:
English Phrase - text as appears from the webpage
Meaning - more clarification if needed to convey intended meaning
Auto Translation - phrase translated to Russian using automated tools
Russian - Russian translation, entered by you if needed
Differences - reason why your translation is more appropriate