I am currently using a plugin for unity which we're using for mapping information in our unity project (MapNav) however it is out of date and buggy, and always redownloads map tiles which is not needed as the app is only for a specific city.
I'm looking for someone to produce a simple map prototype which will do the following:-
- detect the phones GPS, and plot this on a map
- have map from either google maps or any other mapping platform. The idea though is that these map tile images are downloaded and packaged with the app, so that at run time no images are downloaded
- move the map / recentre it so it moves as the player does
- allow the user to scroll and pinch-zoom the map
- allow me to add in point of interest icons, which are clickable (to make a dummy function call), and scale so that they are always the same size on the screen no matter how zoomed in / out the map is (just like the markers on google maps etc)
- plot all the points based on lat / lon points, and converting this to unity world units. (so perhaps making the map so that the 'centre' is a specific point e.g. 53.1 / 12.9, which is 0,0 in unity world units, and then adjust it accordingly as the player moves
- plot a line between 2 points (e.g. user and point of interest)
- allow for different icons
Pretty much all of this is done by current map utilities but we'd like something bespoke specifically as we want to have our own offline map tiles to save on data usage. We're quite experienced in unity and c# and have quite a bit of code that could do some of the above so can provide support but are looking for someone who can deliver a prototype app which can do the above. Please provide samples and a detailed proposal in your application as we have had problems before of people not reading the requirements before bidding. Thank you!