university Assessed Coursework about Developing a Simple Web Browser HTML text only no need for , using c# and MVC ,
Attached document descript the requiment exactly
The web browser must provide the following functionality:
• Sending HTTP request messages for URLs typed by the user.
• Receiving HTTP response messages and display the contents of the messages on the interface. Note
that you are only required to display the HTML code returned to the web browser from the web server (HTML parsing and graphical display are not required). In addition to the 200 (OK) HTTP response status code, the following HTTP response status error codes and the display of their corresponding
error messages should be supported:
- 400 Bad Request
- 403 Forbidden - 404 Not Found
• Home page: The user should be able to create and edit a Home page URL. The Home page URL
should be loaded on the browser's start up.
• Favourites: The user should be able to add a URL for a web page requested to a list of favourite
web pages. The user should also be able to associate a name with each favourite URL. Support for favourite items modification and deletion is required. The user should be able to request a favourite web page by clicking its name on the Favourites list. On the browser's start up, the Favourites list should be loaded to the browser.
• History: The browser should maintain a list of URLs, corresponding to the web pages requested by
the user. The user should be able to navigate to previous and next pages, and jump to a page by clicking on the links in the History list. On the browser's start up, the History list should be loaded to the browser.
• Multi-threading: The web browser should be designed in such a way that the browser-server com-
munication is separated from the GUI support, using different threads. The user should be allowed to request more than one web page in different windows simultaneously. Optionally, this can be im- plemented by supporting separate Tabs in the browser, with one thread for each Tab, rather than one thread for each communication.
also the dr. at this point
Couple of points to note while u do the CW.
Different components should be in different classes (Home, Fav, History)
Methods should be used to identify logical units (eg: retrieving a web page)
Use of advanced language features like Delegates, Generics etc..
Code properly documented.
Use of Exception Handling , There should be no Uncaught exceptions.