a full description needs a good NDA. But a full discription is not needed to give an estimate on the price / timeframe.
People needed to complete project:
1. A decent mathematician
2. C++ coder which can work good together with the mathematician.
An application which:
- Reads various graphics formats (BMP/TGA/PNG/RAW) (only uncompressed / lossless formats)
- Resolution of images will range from PAL(720x576) to full HD(1920x1080). Bitdepth is always 24.
- Reads them all into memory. (Max amount of images would be probably in the range of 24-26)
- Do a series of comparisons / add / subtracts / multiplications etc. (only simple logical operations) on all images in memory to extract certain information from them. Complete description of what information to get and how to get it will be disclosed to the mathematician which must instuct the coder how to do this. The mathematics involved is pretty straight forward, but there is a great potential for optimization which must be thouroughly explored to optimize the speed of the operations)
- Use the information gathered to construct a new image (of the same resolution as all the input images) (this will be a "render like" process)
- Display output / save output.
The simplest version is a cmd line input output style program, used during development to test the functionality.
Final program must have a basic GUI to select input / output files and maybe a preview.
1) Complete and fully-functional working program(s) in executable form as well as complete source code of all work done.
2) Deliverables must be in ready-to-run condition, as follows (depending on the nature of the deliverables):
a) For web sites or other server-side deliverables intended to only ever exist in one place in the Buyer's environment--Deliverables must be installed by the Seller in ready-to-run condition in the Buyer's environment.
b) For all others including desktop software or software the buyer intends to distribute: A software installation package that will install the software in ready-to-run condition on the platform(s) specified in this bid request.
3) All deliverables will be considered "work made for hire" under U.S. Copyright law. Buyer will receive exclusive and complete copyrights to all work purchased. (No GPL, GNU, 3rd party components, etc. unless all copyright ramifications are explained AND AGREED TO by the buyer on the site per the coder's Seller Legal Agreement).
4) Complete sourcecode / math papers / descriptions disclosed at project end.
Windows XP (development / GUI / trial and error)
Linux (Final version will be on linux as well, keep that in mind :)