The bid is for a research project concerning 482 Indian Cities. (Please see the attached list.)
We require a tabulated list (CSV or XLS) containing the state, district if available, decimal latitude, decimal longitude, and UTC time zone, and a link to a "Google Maps page" of each of the cities in the attached list.
A Excel spreadsheet is provided to assist with semi-automating the process and for recording the resulting data.
The list should be formulated according to the following process:
1. Follow the link to the city from either [url removed, login to view] or the link contained in the attached list.
2. Record the Time Zone of the city, and the Name of Indian State, and District if provided, where the city is located.
3. Look up and record the State Code for the identified State from the previous step in the provided list of Indian States.
4. Locate the approximate center of the city on [url removed, login to view] using the full description - Name, State, Country (The attach spreadsheet will automatically generate the link, which can be pasted in to a browser.) You may need to zone out to locate the center of the city.
5. Zoom in on this point to a scale of 100m or less and then right click and area away from a road and select "Directions from here" - record the decimal latitude, decimal longitude
6. Record the "Link" to the gmap by first clicking on the "Link" link, and then copying the "email or IM" link.